Scarsdale Diet Reviewed, Does It Work

scarsdale dietBut like all diets, to be effective it has to be completed, so some will power is required. The advantage of this type of diet is that you never need suffer from hunger pangs because there is no restriction in the amount of protein and vegetables you are allowed to eat. Although the diet itself does allow intake of certain carbohydrates, those are the carbs that are good for you - such as protein or whole grain bread. The rest of the diet is based on intake of proteins, fibers and vitamins from meat and fruits and vegetables. However, starchy vegetables are forbidden, as well as alcohol and sugar. If you need to sweeten your beverages it should be done by artificial sweeteners.


  1. Jacki on June 22, 2016 at 7:01 pm said

  2. One slice of protein or whole grain bread, toasted

  3. Lettuce, cucumbers, celery, tomatoes salad, fresh or cooked

  4. One cut of protein bread, toasted, no spread included

  5. Fruit salad, any combination of fruits

  6. Christine on July 12, 2017 at 5:26 pm said

  7. Marlene on November 7, 2016 at 3:16 pm said

  8. Combination salad (any fresh vegetables desired, raw or cooked)


scarsdale dietOnly vitamins and minerals are required for proper bodily function in these extreme cases. This dramatic caloric restriction was soon associated with the doctors’ magnum opus and gave birth to myth still believed today. The third most common misconception surrounding the community is the idea that low-carb diets are painful and non sustainable. Lunch varies from cold cuts, tomatoes and coffee to tuna fish salad with lemon and vinegar dressing, grapefruit and coffee. Choices for dinner range from sliced roast lamb, a salad of lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, cucumbers and celery and coffee or fish, a combination salad, one slice of protein bread and coffee.

The Scarsdale meal plan can be used in conjunction with recipes (that utilize the given foods) to crate a healthy weight loss plan for you to follow. The Scarsdale diet meal plan is based on a seven day schedule. Once you complete the seven days, you simply start over from the beginning. When "Beverage of Choice" is listed you may choose from coffee, tea, water, seltzer water (flavored is okay), club soda, diet soda, or a non calorie drink. It was wonderful to feel like I was in control of my weight, my health, and I literally feel 10 years younger. I’m going to try to be brave here and share with you a personal photo of myself after being on the diet plan for 3 weeks. Please understand this is an honest at home photo.

The Scarsdale diet is one of the oldest weight loss programs still followed by millions of dieters.

Next, to the fish add another half of grapefruit if available. If not, substitute with some melon. Complement with a cup of tea, coffee, diet soda or water. Dinner - you can go for some sliced roast lamb, however, make sure you first remove every bit of fat you can find. The Scarsdale diet is one of the oldest weight loss programs still followed by millions of dieters. In 1978 the book "The Complete Scarsdale Medical Diet" had its first printing and is still available today. A cardiologist, Dr. Herman Tarnower, began promoting the Scarsdale diet back in the 1950's with a little 2-page handout to middle-to upper class patients in New York.

I didn’t post anything for a while because I was sad and upset.

There has been some misconception about the Scarsdale diet portion sizes in the diet. Some have been led to believe there are no diet portion sizes and you are free to eat as much as you want. The Scarsdale diets are founded on the principle that you eat until your hunger is satisfied (or you are in other words full) and then you stop eating. So I now need to rethink what I’m doing, and whether to keep doing the blog or not. I didn’t post anything for a while because I was sad and upset. I am sure many of you are working hard to prepare the material for a blog. Me too. I prepare all the food, I take the photos, I spend time writing the recipes and when I find my photos on websites or blogs without my permission, well it hurts. And they don’t even bother to give me credit for my work with a link to my blog.

0 Comments