The 3 Day Military Diet

scarsdale diet
One of the fascinating things that I experienced was that the unhealthy foods that I have been eating my entire life were easily substituted for stunningly delicious alternatives. Yes that means that I had to stop eating chocolate cake, but when I found the recipe for raw chocolate and tried it, I was delighted. A lifestyle change is the key to any dieting plan and that’s exactly what the Scarsdale Diet offered me. My eating regiment has literally converted from a high calorie, high fat, and no vitamins to healthy, low fat, low calorie, and packed full of nutritious vitamins.

I am now getting very close to the weight that I was in high school and feel 15 years younger.


scarsdale dietSamm Sinclair Baker was hired to write the book, and its first edition hits the book shelves in 1978, becoming one of the biggest best sellers at that time. In the first 10 months, sales were so good the book had 21 printing in hardcover. The book was one of the highest selling books by 1979 coming in second behind Erma Bombect, selling over 642,000 copies. I was ashamed of my body before (just look at my pocket bulging out), but now I’m very happy with my physical appearance and health. I am now getting very close to the weight that I was in high school and feel 15 years younger. Whoever is reading this take heed that if you take the plunge and try to actually change your life by using the Scarsdale Diet plan, I would not doubt that you will have vibrant health and energy as I do.

Notably the Scarsdale diet advocates 35% of energy intake to be in the form of carbohydrates. While this is not by definition low-carb, many people find it to be so after lifelong conditioning with french fries and pizza as staples of their diet. Many of my clients have said to experience a temporary discomfort, no longer than one week when switching to a more carb restriction way of eating. Cut into thin slices. Keep unused portion in refrigerator. Toasting the bread before consumption when on the Scarsdale diet programs makes the bread more palatable and easier to eat (the dense bread can be a bit dry and chewy). If making your own bread is not for you; you can find some low cost options at the grocery.

  • Ana on January 5, 2017 at 11:36 am said
  • Unsweetened, no milk, cream or honey added coffee, tea, diet soda or water
  • 1/2 grapefruit or other fruit listed**
  • Zucchini, string beans, or fresh or stewed tomatoes
The Scarsdale Diet claims to lead to quick and efficient weight loss. It is also simple to follow as it has a meal plan mapped out. The lack of calories is why most people lose weight on this diet. Therefore, it isn't exactly a healthy route to weight loss. Also, since it's so high in protein, it can be very easy to consume an unhealthy amount of fat.

0 Comments